CALL FOR PROJECTS
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (R-D) IN ADVANCED MATERIALS
To support collaborative research and development (R & D) in advanced materials, PRIMA Québec is launching a new call for projects. This funding program was designed to help establish collaborations between industry and the research community (universities, CCTT or public research centers).
Advanced material can be defined as any new or significantly improved material or material that provides a significant performance advantage (physical or functional) compared to commonly used conventional materials.
Submitted projects must clearly present the impact of the projects on research, training and economic development.
In accordance with its strategic plan, PRIMA Québec encourages the submission of projects concerning the development of advanced materials applied to Quebec’s key sectors, such as transportation and infrastructure, energy, environment, textiles, electronics and health …
The technologies targeted by this call for projects concern all types of application sectors:
- The formulation and development of advanced materials such as: micro / nanoparticles, fibers, engineered wood, biomaterials, concrete, polymer, composite, multifunctional materials, glass, ceramics, metals and alloys, semiconductors;
- The integration of these materials into finished or semi-finished products;
- Advanced processes such as additive manufacturing, surface treatments, multiphysics simulation, modeling, composites and / or polymer shaping;
- Characterization instruments for advanced materials.
Letter of intent: date to be confirmed.
Submitting projects: date to be confirmed.
Financial component: Innovation projects in partnership with a public research centre
- SME component (an SME is a company with less than 250 employees) :
- minimum 1 SME, one with a presence in Quebec (R&D or production);
- a large company and/or a company outside Quebec can participate in the project as a 2nd industrial partner;
- 40 % Max PRIMA contribution (Max 1M$), 80% Max cumulative public contribution;
- 20 % Max global cost of the R&D project contribution from the industrial partner;
- management fees : 4% (of the global cost of the R&D project) divided between MEI and the industrialists according to their contributions to the project.
- Large compagny component :
- minimum 1 large compagny with a presence in Quebec (R&D or production);
- a company outside Quebec can participate in the project as a 2nd industrial partner;
- 20 % Max PRIMA contribution (Max 1M$), 60% Max cumulative public contribution;
- 40 % Min global cost of the R&D project contribution from the industrial partner, 50% of the contribution can be in kind;
- management fees : 2% (of the global cost of the R&D project) divided between MEI and the industrialists according to their contributions to the project.
PRIMA Québec will hold a webinar in Fall 2022
- The Instruction guide R25
- The Letter of intent
- The Application form SME
- The Application form Large Compagny
- The Funding Calculation Help Table (in french only)
- Le Guide d’instructions R25
- La Lettre d’intention
- Le Formulaire de demande PME
- Le Formulaire de demande GE
- Le Tableau d’aide au calcul du financement
For eligibility criteria or to discuss your innovation project, contact:
Director – Programs & International Collaborations
514 284-0211 ext. 227
Calendar: Spring and Fall
|Call for projects launch date||2nd Monday of February||2nd Monday of September|
|Application deadline||Last Friday of May||2n Friday of December|
|Webinar||End of February||End of September|
|Projects evaluation||Early September||Early March|
|Results announced||Not later than the end of September||Not later than the end of March|