CALL FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PROJECTS
COLLABORATIVE INNOVATION PROGRAMS – SUPPORT FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE INNOVATION PROJECTS
PROGRAM GUIDING PRINCIPLE
The company’s artificial intelligence innovation project must seek to develop a new product, process or service, or seek to significantly improve an existing product, process or service. The intended purpose and use of the product, process or service must provide a decisive advantage over existing marketplace solutions while promoting the company’s own competitiveness within its chosen sector of activity. Innovations may:
- Involve radically new artificial intelligence solutions or ways of doing things using artificial intelligence;
- Combine artificial intelligence solutions or ways of doing things that mobilize existing artificial intelligence for new applications.
The program seeks to support SMEs at various stages of their innovative artificial intelligence projects.
More specifically, it targets the following objectives:
- To provide companies that design and use artificial intelligence solutions with support at various stages of their product, process or service-related innovation project, i.e. planning, development, improvement and commercialization;
- To accelerate the completion of product, process or service-related innovation projects;
- To help improve the productivity and competitiveness of SMEs;
- To promote workplace learning, along with the acquisition and dissemination of knowledge through the integration of trainees into the company;
To support the training of a qualified succession according to the artificial intelligence-related needs of every industrial sector.
MAIN PROGRAM RULES
PARTNAR-IA | Academic: Collaboration of a group of companies with universities, CCTT or public research center
- Submission of the project by a university, a CCTT or a public research center
- Minimum 2 companies including an SME or a Quebec startup
- Minimum business contribution of 40% of eligible project expenses. Up to 50% of the business contribution can be made in kind.
- Maximum contribution from PRIMA Quebec 40% with a maximum of $ 350k per project
- Maximum public money of 60% of eligible expenses
- Project of 3 years maximum
PARTNAR-IA | COMPANY: Innovation project between companies
- Submission of the project by the company coordinating the project
- Grouping of a minimum of 2 SMEs accompanied by a public research center
- Minimum contribution of the group of 25% of eligible expenses
- The service offer of the public research center must represent a minimum of 20% of the eligible expenses of the project
- Only a maximum of 27% of indirect research costs will be recognized as eligible expense
- For each eligible partner company, the project must provide for the hiring of a minimum of one intern per year or the equivalent spread over the duration of the project
- PRIMA contribution 50% of eligible expenses, max $ 150k per company and max $ 600k per project
- Maximum of 75% of public money in the project
- Lettre of intent before March 31, 2021.
- Project proposals must be submitted by April 15, 2021.
For eligibility criteria or to discuss your innovation project, contact:
Director – Programs & International Collaborations
514 284-0211 ext. 227