CALL FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE PROJECTS
CALL FOR INNOVATION PROJECTS FROM CONSORTIA IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE: INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH IN COLLABORATION
OBJECTIVES OF THE CALL FOR PROJECTS
The objectives of the call for projects are as follows:
- Improve business competitiveness through the adoption of AI, particularly in sectors where it is still little used, such as the primary and secondary sectors of the economy;
- Encourage collaborations between companies (of all sizes, including start-ups), as well as with the research and innovation communities to accelerate the integration of artificial intelligence technologies in the business and , by the same token, in society;
- Support structuring projects aimed at the massive adoption of AI in one or more sectors of the economy;
- Support the realization of projects resulting in significant and immediate economic benefits;
- Ensure the development and consolidation of innovation efforts in the field of AI;
- Contribute to positioning Québec as a leader in the development of AI.
This call for projects is part of the Innovation Program and is aimed at consortia of Québec companies (in priority to SMEs), having collaborative research projects in artificial intelligence with other SMEs (or startups) in collaboration with a research center and wishing to carry out an innovation project for the purposes of development and commercialization or for the purpose of adopting AI technologies.
MAIN PROGRAM RULES
PARTENAR-IA | Academic:
- Submit the project in the general call.
PARTENAR-IA | Company:
- Submission of the project by the company coordinating the project;
- Consortia of companies (minimum 2), including at least one Québec SME with the collaboration of a research center;
- Minimum group contribution of 25% of eligible expenses;
- A minimum of 20% of eligible project expenses must come from a service offer from a public research center and/or the hiring of an intern linked to such a centre. (Only a maximum of 27% of indirect research costs (IRC) collected by universities and CCTT will be recognized as an eligible expense);
- For each eligible partner company, the project must provide for the hiring of a minimum of one intern per year;
- PRIMA contribution: max. 50% of eligible expenses, max. $350,000 per company and max $1,500,000 per project;
- Maximum project duration: 24 months (2 years);
- Maximum of 75% of public money in the project.
Partenar-IA Academic :
- R27 to come, see this page for details.
Partenar-IA Company :
- Call for projects: open, please contact an advisor, before September 15, if you intend to submit a project,
- Full application deadline by the RSRI to the MEIE: October 15 at 4 p.m,
- Next call deadline: April, 2024 and October, 2024.
For eligibility criteria or to discuss your innovation project, contact:
Director – Programs & International Collaborations
514 284-0211 ext. 227