International Call for Projects Québec-Korea
PRIMA Québec-NATIONAL RESEARCH FONDATION (NRF) OF KOREA JOINT RESEARCH PROGRAM
PRIMA Québec and the National Research Foundation of Korea signed a letter of intent June 19, 2020. Both organization aim at forging new and strengthening existing research collaboration between Korea and Québec through the involvement of academic and industrial partners for both sides.
Support and implement international research and innovation initiatives between universities, colleges, institutions and industries. Specifically, this program aims at both forging new and strengthening existing research collaboration between Korea and the Province of Québec through the involvement of academic and industrial partners, from both sides.
- Increased research collaboration between universities and industry, along with greater international, inter-sectoral and inter-agency collaboration;
- Greater visibility for Quebec researchers and their institutions at the national and international levels;
- Greater development for researchers seeking to improve their competitive positioning in Quebec’s future markets through R&D projects.
- The 2020 PRIMA QUEBEC-NRF Joint Research Program Proposal will fund up to 2 projects.
- All research projects with technological maturity levels (TRL 1-9) are eligible.
- The funding recipients shall be universities, research institutions and industries (particularly small and medium-sized enterprises) based in Korea and the Province of Quebec. Eligible for funding are consortia composed of at least four partners (2+2), two partners from the Korean side and two from the Quebec side. For each side, these consortia should include at least one university or research institution AND at least one enterprise; but the coordinator for each consortia should be from university or research institution.
- The projects must demonstrate a balanced participation of the Quebec and foreign parties throughout their development; a financial contribution in cash totalling at least 20% of the eligible expenses in Quebec is required from the Quebec tenant community and a contribution in cash or in kind totalling at least 30% of the overall expenses of the Quebec – Korea consortium project is required for the ‘all of the project’s foreign partners.
- The financial assistance from MEI will take the form of a non-repayable and non-recurring contribution of up to 50% of the eligible expenses of the Quebec part, up to $140,000 per project (FIR included) over two years. Other contributions must be demonstrated (official signed letters specifying the amounts granted for the realization of the project).
- The maximum duration of the project will be two years.
For more details, consult the guide.
For more details, consult the form.
- Opening of the call for proposals: July 6th, 2020.
- Deadline for submitting proposals: September 25th, 2020 (noon, Montréal Time for Canada / 18:00, Seoul Time for Korea)
- Eligibility check: October 2nd , 2020.
- Project Evaluation Period: October 2020
- Exchange of evaluation results: second week of November 2020
- Final Decision: Before December 4th, 2020
For eligibility criteria or to discuss your innovation project, contact:
Director – Programs & International Collaborations
514 284-0211 ext. 227