CALL FOR PROJECTS – ERA-MIN
FOUNDING OF INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH IN THE FIELD OF ADVANCED MATERIALS
ERA-MIN3 is a global, innovative and flexible pan-European network of 24 European and non-European research funding organisations, aiming to continue strengthening the mineral raw materials community through the coordination of research and innovation programmes on non-fuel and non-food raw materials (metallic, construction, and industrial minerals). ERA-MIN3 builds on the experience of the H2020 ERA-MIN 2 (2016-2022) and FP7 ERA-NET ERA-MIN (2011-2015).
More information : https://www.era-min.eu/joint-call/era-min-joint-call-2021
To support collaborative research and development (R&D) in advanced materials, PRIMA Quebec is launching a new international call for projects within the framework of the PSO-International. The PSO-International helps to support the international action of Quebec players from universities, colleges, institutions and industry working in the different research and innovation niches. To this end, the Ministry of Economy and Innovation (MEI) supports PRIMA Quebec in its participation in the ERA-MIN 2021 call. Within the framework of this call, 24 funding agencies from more than 18 European countries and non-Europeans participate with a preliminary total budget of around € 19 million.
Advanced material can be defined as any new material or significantly improved material that achieves a marked advantage in performance (physical or functional), compared to commonly used conventional materials.
In accordance with its strategic plan, PRIMA Quebec encourages the submission of projects concerning the development of advanced materials applied to key sectors of Quebec, such as transport and infrastructure, energy, the environment, textiles, electronics and health.
The technologies targeted by this call for projects concern all types of application sectors (see the ERA-MIN guide for more description):
Topic 1. Supply of raw materials from exploration and mining
1.2: Mining operations
1.3: Mine closure and reclamation
Topic 2. Circular Design
2.1: Product design for increased raw material efficiency
2.2: Product design for reuse or extended durability of product
2.3: Product design to promote recycling
2.4: Product design for critical materials substitution
Topic 3. Processing, Production and Remanufacturing
3.1: Increase resource efficiency in resource intensive production processes
3.2: Increase resource efficiency through recycling of residues or remanufacturing of used products and components
3.3: Increase resource efficiency using information and communication technologies (ICT)
Topic 4. Recycling and Re-use of End-of-Life Products Recycling and Re-use of End-of-Life Products
4.1: End-of-life products collection and (reverse) logistics
4.2: End-of-life products pre-processing: pre-treatment, dismantling, sorting, characterisation
4.3: Reuse, repair, refurbishing, repurposing and remanufacturing of End-of-Life products
4.4: Recovery of raw materials from End-of-life products
4.5: Recovery of raw materials from End-of-life immovable assets
4.6: Increase recycling or reuse through information and communication technologies (ICT)
Topic 5: Cross-cutting topics
5.1: New business models (implementing circular economy aspects)
5.2: Improvement of methods or data for environmental impact assessment
5.3: Social acceptance and trust/public perception of raw materials
5.4: Health safety issues
Attention PRIMA only supports projects related to advanced materials, the ERA-MIN call for projects covers more. Contact a PRIMA advisor to verify project eligibility according to PRIMA rules.
The deadline for submitting project pre-proposals is April 1, 2021 (10:00 Montreal time, 16:00 Brussels time).
PARTICIPATING COUNTRIES AND REGIONS
- EU countries/regions and research funding organisations : Belgium-Flanders (FWO and Hermesfond/VLAIO); Belgium-Wallonia (SPW-Recherche); Bulgaria (BNSF); Czech Republic (TA CR); Estonia (ETAg); Finland (Business Finland); France (ADEME and ANR); Germany (BMBF/JÜLICH); Ireland (GSI/EPA), Italy (MUR); Poland (NCBR); Portugal (FCT); Romania (UEFISCDI); Slovakia (SAS); Slovenia (MIZS); Spain (AEI and CDTI); Spain – Navarra (CFNA); Sweden (Vinnova).
- EU Associated country: Turkey (TUBITAK)
- Non-EU countries: Canada-Québec (PRIMA-Québec) and South-Africa (DST).
Visit the following web page to search for partners or post partnership offers: https://www.submission-era-min.eu/partner-search
MAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The above list includes the main criteria, all of which can be found in the guide The call for projects is funded under the PSO-International. The proposal must meet the criteria of PRIMA and ERA-MIN.
- To be eligible, the consortium must include at least 3 partners (all applicants for funding) from at least 3 different countries participating in the call (at least 2 EU Member State or associated country) participating in the call ERA-MIN.
- The TRL levels of the targeted projects range from 1 to 9
- The applicant for a project can be a university, a CCTT or a public research center
- Minimum one company (primarily an SME) with a presence (production or R&D) in Quebec
- Min 20% in company contribution money
- Maximum 50% of PRIMA Quebec contribution
- Any funding from the MEI, MITACS funding is excluded from additional funding.
- Maximum of 80% of public money
- The other partners of the ERA-MIN consortium must contribute at least 30% of the overall cost of the project.
- 5% of direct research costs in management fees (3% business, 2% MEI)
- Maximum duration 3 years with a maximum PRIMA contribution of $ 500k, MEI and FIR management fees included
It is strongly recommended to contact an advisor before submitting a project to ensure that all the rules are followed.
- January 15, 2021 – Official launch of the call
- April 1, 2021 – Deadline for submission of pre-proposals (10:00 Montreal time, 16:00 Brussels time)
- June 15, 2021 – Communication of the evaluation of the pre-proposal
- September 1, 2021 – Deadline for submission of full proposal (10:00 Montreal time, 16:00 Brussels time)
- November 30, 2021 – Communication of the evaluation of full proposals
- December 14, 2021 – Communication of the selection of full proposals recommended for funding
- May 1, 2022 – Last start date of the selected projects
- Le Guide de présentation PRIMA
- Le Texte de l’appel ERA-MIN
- Le Formulaire pour la phase de pré-proposition
- Le formulaire PRIMA pour la phase de proposition complète sera envoyé directement par le conseiller PRIMA aux promoteurs qui passent l’étape de pré-proposition
- The PRIMA Guide
- The Text of the ERA-MIN call
- The PRIMA form for the pre-proposal phase
- The PRIMA form for the full proposal phase will be sent directly by the PRIMA advisor to promoters who pass the pre-proposal stage.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To find out the eligibility criteria or to discuss your innovation project, contact:
Director, Programs & International Collaborations
514 284-0211 ext 227